Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sleeping in on my day off

Feel lucky that I am writing today since I’m not at work. You feel lucky and I’ll feel self-righteous.

Yesterday the LondonPaper had a photo of George Bush throwing a baseball and making an “I’m taking a crap that is too big for me” face. The caption was “George W Bush was booed by the 40,000-strong crowd as he threw the opening pitch in Washington Nationals baseball team’s first match at their new stadium.” I made sure to show this to my parents immediately upon meeting them for dinner last night. My dad’s comment? “Poor guy…can’t catch a break.”

My dad is not one to let an opportunity to make public jokes pass him by and so he has started saying random things in hopes of making it to “the blog.” My mom is annoyed by this and calls him out every time he does it. I will admit that the number of terrible jokes has increased 500% in the past two days, but for every 30 lame comments he makes, there’s one keeper. This was yesterday’s keeper (in addition to the George Bush quip which I think was a legitimate funny comment): “I’m gonna cornrow my beard.”

This is a short entry. Deal with it. I have to go.

*music: hit me on my beeper, hit me on my beeper, beepah beepah beepah

No comments: