Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sweating in my underpants

I sure do love the opportunity to say 'I told you so.' Not that I have this chance right now, but I could have had I told you that Leona Lewis' 'Bleeding Love' song was good when I first heard it, not after Oprah got to her and tooted her horn like no horn has been tooted before. And thus, to eliminate future cases of "Lisa could have told you that they were good," I shall enlighten you to two future Ryan Seacrest hits. (If they aren't hits already…I don't know because I'M IN LONDON.)
Artist: Duffy Song: Mercy Why it'll be a hit: She's got that sultry voice that everyone loves; kinda like Amy Winehouse only a little more Aretha and a little less cocaine.
Artist: Adele Song: Chasing Pavements Why it'll be a hit: She genuinely has a good voice as opposed to other successful female singers (think Christina versus Britney) and she's only 19.


I forgot to mention that my dad wanted me to post this picture on YouTube. I gave him 20 bonus points for simply knowing of YouTube, but had to deduct 15 for his recommendation to post a photo onto it (and no, he didn't mean a photo montage with like, Green Day's 'Good Riddance' in the background).


And speaking of that photo, here are the runners up for best caption:
- This Just In: Former Nudist Colony Leader Tries to Tip Over College Sorority House
- Bearded 'Danger' Powers
- They thought that disguising the mosque as a brightly painted eyesore would fool the masses, but they forgot about Heeb-cules! Heeb-cules! Heeb-cules! Heeb-cules!
- I schooled David Blaine
- (postcard) Dear Lisa, So sorry about the mix-up in London. To make up for it, we've bought you this lovely nunnery. Love, Dad
- Rejected by Harvard? Turned down by Brown? Wait-listed at Yale? Try the NEW University of Otis!! All the charm of a legendary Ivy League institution at half the cost! Enroll today! Classes start September, 2009
- Dad: "Northwestern?! But that's so far away! Can't you go to a local school? Like…here?" Mom: "Honey, that's a nursing home."


And the winner, submitted by a wizard-like man himself Chris Wyman, is:
- Yea, verily, as Gandalf the Grey and Radaghast the Brown set out to rid the world of evil, Peter the Black remained in the Shire to bring the gift of secondary education to the wee folk.


The trees and flowers are blossoming here and this past weekend we changed the clocks (we're apparently too cool to do it at the same time as America); spring is almost here!!! What does this mean for me? It means that I will feel even more guilty for coming home and watching a movie instead of walking around outside. It also means that it's time to switch to short sleeved running shirts.


Just to clear up any confusion…horse shit? Yeah, it doesn't smell like hay. It smells like shit.


*music – I don't care for walking downtown, crazy autocar gonna mow me down Look at all the people like cows in a herd, well I like birds

No comments: