Thursday, April 17, 2008

Immature, inappropriate, and childish

On my walk to London Bridge last weekend, I saw this sign along the Embankment. I'm pretty sure it was originally a sign pointing towards the Gherkin, but I could be wrong about that. In any case, it's a MUCH better sign now.

Funny story about this sign, actually. I did a double take as I passed by and decided that yes, I am 5 years old and need to take a picture of that. So I'm standing there trying to focus Camera and center the sign perfectly, but it took me about 7 seconds so I'm oblivious to what's going on around me. After I snap it, I turn to walk away and walk RIGHT INTO a man coming out of the bathroom. He obviously then turned to look at what I was taking a picture of and I'm sure he made a judgemental face as if to say, "Really? Are you that immature that you're taking a picture of a graffiti penis?" I would have made a face as if to say, "Why yes. Yes I am. And I will go and post it on my blog and people will laugh." But I didn't. Because I ran away mortified instead.

No comments: