Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Loading…please wait

T to G: “Those aren’t sausages. Those are abominations.”

Here’s a British media recommendation for you – The Catherine Tate Show. I assume that it is similar to the Tracy Ullman Show (I say assume because I’ve never actually seen TTUS). I watched two episodes of this hilarious comedy and immediately fell in love. Catherine Tate is the genius behind it and stars in each skit, which range from 15 seconds to 3 minutes or so, as a different, recurring character. I think my favorite character is Margaret who is startled by the smallest things and screams bloody murder (like when her husband bites into a piece of toast or when her cell phone rings, not to mention the screaming fit she throws when she pours milk on her Rice Krispies). So if your Netflix queue is running short, put this on your list. I promise you won’t be disappointed!

There is a SEVERE lack of iced coffee in London. Starbucks is the only place I can find that offers a plain iced coffee. But at $6, there ain’t no way I’m buying one of them.

I am normally a good multi-tasker. I can listen to my friends sob their problems to me on the phone while I set a new Minesweeper record. I can cook up a mean stir fry with one hand while disinfecting my kitchen with bleach with the other. But I can think of two cases where I am physically not able to do two things at once. One is singing/talking while playing the violin (and trust me, I tried really hard at accomplishing this) and the other I realized today as I was (gasp) washing my hands in the work bathroom. Hearing someone else do it made me realize I cannot pee and blow my nose at the same time. I just can’t do it. Don’t want to, either.

Sometimes when I admit these things to you, I have to think about who is on this distribution list. Will I be forever alienating myself from someone who I want to keep as a friend (or family member, for that matter)? Will everyone feel awkward when they see me again in Boston? But you know, I can’t worry about these things. If I did, I’d have nothing to write about. Plus, I know you all have your own strange, and perhaps just as unhygienic, habits of your own. Feel free to respond to me with them and I’ll add them to tomorrow’s email!

*music – one husband one wife, whaddya got, two people sentenced for life

No comments: