Thursday, April 17, 2008

12 eggs for $6

T gave me a word of warning the other day when I told him I brought a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch. “You should say ‘peanut butter and jam’ or else people will think you’re eating peanut butter and jello.” So yeah. Apparently jelly = jello. (I actually should have known this already from The Office where Tim puts Gareth’s stapler in a ‘jelly’ mold. I guess I forgot. Oops.)

I don’t know what people are eating at work. Whatever it is, they are re-heating it in the microwave and making the kitchen smell like a used Port-O-Potty. It makes shrimp fried rice-scented microwaves seem like a godsend.

Things to acquire upon my return to Boston: coffee maker, cat
(If anyone has any awesome cat name suggestions, please send them my way. Or coffee maker names for that matter.)

Yesterday morning two people were standing on some train tracks in London ‘having a row’ (i.e. fighting). (Why they picked train tracks as the ideal place for a fight I’ll never know.) Well. The argument got so heated that they didn’t see or hear the train barreling down the tracks towards them at 80 miles an hour. So it hit them. And they died.

*music – I’m writing pop songs Done it for so long Sometimes I dream about a chorus That’s so clever it’s dumb

No comments: