Monday, April 14, 2008

How about some pictures of London for a change?

I finally got a chance to walk around the city some more this weekend. In fact, I walked from my little abode in Hyde Park to London Bridge, definitely taking an indirect route (not necessarily on purpose).

I tried hard to not look like too much of a tourist as I clandestinely snapped some Big Ben photos.


Canary Wharf is a big business center in East London. It's pretty much just some big corporate buildings and an underground mall. At least the buildings are pretty. (This one is HSBC.)



Some nice clouds and the London Eye. It takes 30 minutes to make one rotation and you're completed enclosed in those little pods. It also costs $30 a person to go up in them which is why I will enjoy my view of London from the ground.



There are no less than 47 bridges in London. This is a shot of one near Embankment.



A close up of the Gherkin (the rocketship type of building I previously sent a picture of). Yes, Dad, I went back to take pictures.


No comments: