Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Not exactly warm in here

The bathroom at the new office smells like cinnamon. I’m not sure why, all I know is that this is strange.

My chair at the old office had an upholstered seat. What does this mean in the grand scheme of things you ask? Well, I’ll tell you. It means that once I was done peeling my banana and was left with some banana peel remnants on my fingers, I could subtly wipe my fingers on the side of the chair instead of getting up and walking the 15 feet to the paper towels in the kitchen. My new chair, however, while sleek and pretty, has a plastic mesh type of seat. This means that if I wipe my potassium-laden fingers on it, I’ll end up just sitting on the residue and having pants smell like banana. Don’t worry, everyone. I am working the situation out by hording paper towels.

Picture ’30 feet away’ in your mind. (To help you visualize, picture me head-to-toe 6 times.) 30 feet. This is how close a coffee shop is to my new desk. I kid you not, my friends. My company, while very incapable of having a computer for an employee on their first day of work, has come up with the brilliant idea of putting a Costa Coffee right in the middle of our floor. This is both a blessing and a curse for obvious reasons. I mean, not only do they lattes, cappuccinos, mochaccinos, and Americanos, but they have sandwiches, fruit, soda, cookies, and croissants. What is a girl to do?!

No comments: