Friday, February 8, 2008

All played out

I think maybe I’ve been seeing too many plays. I was ready to go five minutes into tonight’s one-man play about a psychiatrist. It was even more boring than it sounds. I suppose ‘discretion’ should be the word of the day.

To prove my point about those deadly swans, I read the following quote about said birds in a London magazine today:
“Every British man seems to have a story about those graceful but homicidal birds, usually ending with the warning, ‘They can break your neck with one swing of the wing.’”

Today, for a brief moment, I thought the world was ending. I was sitting at my desk editing some silly word document when all of a sudden I heard this earth-shattering explosion and the table started to shake. My heart practically leapt out of my chest and my pulse started racing as though I were about to give a speech to thousands of people about the differences between swaps and futures. It was then that I realized the world was not in fact ending. Rather, G had just sneezed a sneeze that could have killed 17 horses or 25 small ponies.

*Blog update* I decided that I will start to post the occasional entry written by someone else. There are just too many good articles and stories out there that need to be shared. For example, today’s extra entry was about conformity and a delicious Subway sandwich. All non-Lisa entries posted to my blog will have ** added to their title as well as being tagged ‘plagiarism.’ Read them, don’t read them, it’s up to you. But I will try to only include entries that are qualified as truly awesome. Also, I’m not sure why it took me this long, but I figured out how to add pictures. Now you don’t have to settle for the poor quality email pictures.

(http://lisashoshana.blogspot.com/)

There's a popular graffiti artist named Banksy who is all the rage these days. Every market I've been to has sold prints of his work and I'm guessing I'll buy one before I leave. Here are a couple of his works:



No comments: