Wednesday, February 13, 2008

You should be lucky I left my Hustler magazine at home

Wikipedia defines the term 'meme' as a catchphrase or concept that spreads in a faddish way from person to person via the Internet. Well on one of the blogs I check daily, I read about one certain meme that is being passed along.

Here are the rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages)
2. Open the book to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the next three sentences
5. Tag five people

I'm not going to tag five people because I don't want you to be checking THEIR blogs instead of mine. But I WILL post the three sentences because I think this is a fun idea.
The book is Charles Dickens' 'A Tale of Two Cities.'

...It had taken a deal of extra wet-towelling to pull him through the night; a correspondingly extra quantity of wine had preceded the towelling; and he was in a very damaged condition, as he now pulled his turban off and threw it into the basin in which he had steeped it at intervals for the last six hours.
'Are you mixing that other bowl of punch?' said Stryver the portly, with his hands in his waistband, glancing round for the sofa where he lay on his back.
'I am.'

No comments: