Thursday, June 5, 2008

It's like an orange on a toothpick

You can't go to Scotland and not take a picture of a bagpiper; they were on every corner. And I'm pretty sure they're only allowed to play Amazing Grace. "We have a piper down! I repeat! A piper is down!"

This lovely patch of green in the center of Edinburgh used to be Nor Loch (North Lake). It's no fluke the grass is so vibrantly green; the lake was filled with human refuse. See! I paid attention during the tour!
Then we went to the lamppost/Doric column line dance.


This handrail reminds me of the door knocker in the movie Labyrynth who tries to speak but can only mumble because he has a door knocker in his mouth.


Call me immature, but this was the easiest way of taking a picture while looking up a Scot's kilt.


No comments: