Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Durham pictures

....and called it macaroni!
(I'm not taking anyone seriously who wears a hat like that. I don't care if you're Ghandi, Maya Angelou, or Russell Crowe. It's just not necessary.)
I stumbled (almost quite literally due to cobblestone streets) upon a farmers market on my run and then demanded that the three of us go there for breakfast. I never met anyone as enamored with free samples as I am until I met Tamara. Here she can be seen hording dried fruits and nuts.
One of the cool things about Durham is that it has a castle and cathedral right in the middle of town. The cathedral is still used for praying and tours with no flash photography, but the cathedral has been made into university residences for the local college. This makes for excellent students-playing-cricket photo opportunities on the green.
And here are two Chosen People standing in front of a cathedral where people exalt Jesus Christ.
How could I not take a picture of this sign RIGHT OUTSIDE the cathedral entrance?

No comments: