Monday, May 12, 2008

She didn't even bring me a kangaroo, that wench

So y'all remember Yulia From Sydney, right? She was a main character in stories such as Lisa Wears Fancy Shoes On A Sydney Harbor Boat Cruise And Still Has The Scars On Her Feet Today, Yulia And Lisa's Adventures With Bikram Yoga Vol. 1 - Lisa Wants To Die And Yulia Smokes A Cigarette Immediately Afterwards, and the ever-so-classic Yulia Tells Lisa About Thai Street Massages And Lisa Gets Punched In The Back So Hard By One That She Cannot Sleep Comfortably For Two Days. Well Yulia (Gulia) came to London for a quick visit this past weekend. As much as I'd like to tell you that she travelled across the world just for me, that wouldn't exactly be truthful; her sister lives in Paris and so she took a month off from work to visit her and travel around Europe. We had a great weekend - I showed her the good (and bad) parts of London and she caught me up on all the stories I've been missing from Sydney (Glenn, Holly, and Kieran - I now have some great blackmail material).

This is Yulia freaking out about looking down the ginormously long escalator at the Piccadilly Circus tube (she wasn't as calm as her face appears). Granted, she has a point since people have died trying to slide down those handrails...idiots.


I made her walk a lot this weekend for many reasons: 1) I walk a lot. 2) It's cheaper than taking the Tube (and at $4 a ride, she agreed). 3) It was a gorgeous weekend. But she got to a point on Saturday afternoon where sitting in a pub and drinking a beer was a WAY better idea than taking just two more steps.
(I think she was talking to me from the looks of her mouth in this picture...I can't be sure because I wasn't paying attention to anything she said.)



She might be mad about that picture, so here's one that she can't complain about. (We shopped for two hours on Oxford Street so that she could buy that pink singlet. If she had listened to me when I told her that a long sleeved t-shirt would be too hot in 25 C weather, we could have spent those two hours picking the nose of a Buckingham Palace guard instead. Her loss.)



This is scenic Trafalgar Square outside the National Gallery. When I say it was gorgeous out, I mean it. I am still as pale as a raw potato.


No comments: