Friday, March 28, 2008

I have a new best friend and his name is Camera

Question proposed by my mother at lunch: “You know who’s a real bigot?”
(Unfortunately, due to the rules of pinky swearing, I am not at liberty to tell you who the answer is.)

My dad walks a lot slower than he used to. Every time I start walking somewhere he always says, “Slow down a little bit” or “Do you have to walk so fast?” He reasons that it’s okay to walk slowly and what’s my hurry anyway? Personally, I think it has to do with a little something called He’s 59 Years Old.

My parents are having a great time in London. They are going through what I went through my first month here and so I have a soft spot for them in these new and exciting times. For example, my mom is terrified of crossing the street because she never knows which way to look; therefore, they never cross unless the little green man is lit…just in case. My dad is commenting on how unattractive British people are (and yet, when I met him for dinner two nights ago, he proceeded to tell me I looked very British). They are both enthralled by the Tube - my dad with the wind it creates underground and my mom with the speed at which it zooms by (which, I agree, is enough to kill 1800 Andre the Giants). It’s fun to watch them explore the city and become just as frustrated with stupid tourists who stand in the middle of the sidewalk, drool at the smell of those damn Belgian waffles, and try to figure out if that’s a South African accent we’re hearing or a British one (sorry, Michelle). I told my mom she should write up something about her visit and then she could be my first guest blogger. She didn’t seem too excited about that, but maybe she was just still worried from when I told her I was going to quote her on the bigot comment.

As for my love affair with Camera, he is wonderful. I am taking good pictures not because I’m a good photographer, but because it’s pretty hard to take bad ones with him. We are in love and it’s getting serious.

No comments: