Thursday, March 20, 2008

$4000 million

Sometimes it’s impossible to tell when you have that thin peanut shell stuck in your teeth.

I saw two people hug at work yesterday. I was totally shocked, which only leads me to conclude that people don’t hug in the office nearly enough as they should. That’s it. From now on I’m starting each day by hugging a different co-worker. Obviously I’m going to start with G; he’s cozy looking. I will keep you posted on how this goes…Mom and Dad, please have bail money ready.

Joke of the day: What is the difference between a well-dressed man and a tired dog?
One wears a suit, and the other? Just pants.

Nothing big and different in London for Easter. There are still bunnies, Cadbury Crème Eggs, and cellophane everywhere. Not to mention a severe lack of hamantaschen. But what is glorious about this holiday, other than the pastel M&M’s, is that we not only get Good Friday off, we also get “Easter Monday” as a bank holiday. Sidenote – I think I’m going to start using ‘good Friday!’ as an exclamation the same way I’m trying to incorporate ‘sweet potatoes!’ into my daily vocabulary as a phrase of delight.

Did anyone else have an electric blue spandex unitard that they insisted on wearing in public at all times growing up? No? Just me? Okay…just checking.

Corduroys are awesome. But they would be a whole lot awesomer if they didn’t make that swish-swish sound every time I walk somewhere.

Yesterday my company threw a welcome lunch in honor of the London office consolidation. I thought it was going to be a sit-down event but it turned out to be a socializing, mosey-ing, walk around type of deal. But the best part, other than the cake, was the finger sandwiches. They even cut the crusts off! It was all very British. (I didn’t really socialize, either. Everyone looked too prim and proper in their suits and whatnot and I had too many sandwiches to eat.)

I think I need to start hanging out with terrorists more. It’s really hard to get a cell phone without some sort of proof of residency. So how do those terrorists do it? I’ll bet the shoe bomber never had to show a utility bill to get unlimited text messages…

Apparently, a dead giveaway for an American in London is a Nalgene bottle.

I’m pretty sure I was the only one at last night’s symphony concert who still had all their own teeth.

Am I too all over the place with my thoughts? I try to pick a good topic but then I get distracted and move on to other things. I mean, I guess I could elaborate on all the old people’s teeth but I’m guessing it wouldn’t be all that enthralling. Well, maybe to some it would be, but those aren’t the type of people I want to be friends with anyway. Sorry.

No comments: