Thursday, August 12, 2010

I thought I found an extra bone in my elbow today, but it turns out it was there all along

You have to really like hard boiled eggs to be confident enough to eat them at work. I thought it was safe to eat mine at 7:08pm, but sure enough, I soon heard “Great. Now it smells like eggs in here.” Sorry everybody. They’re a tasty, healthy snack…what do you want from me?

Marathon training is in full swing again. Only this time around, instead of listening to Car Talk on my bazillion mile runs, it’s The Nerdist, Doug Loves Movies, Fresh Air, and Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me. I’ve been told that only dorks listen to NPR while running, so I guess I’m a full fledged dork. I suppose it’s a trade off since I now know all about Daniel Schorr, Mark Ruffalo, and President Obama’s daily routine. Oh, and if you’re keeping track, Harvey has now eaten no less than 4 pairs of headphones. Sonofabitch.

I will soon be riding down to Provincetown on a motorcycle (as a passenger). I am both nervous and excited about this. Was it in an episode of Rescue Me that they referred to it as a “donorcycle?” That certainly isn’t helping matters. And then when I get there, I’ll have to play it cool like I ride all the time and sheeyit, ain’t no thang to be ridin’ on my bike, yo. (If I live to be 120, I don’t think there will ever be a time that I utter that sentence.) On the bright side, I finally get to wear my leather chaps in an appropriate setting.

No comments: