Friday, August 13, 2010

Herman's Hermits Crabs (what I would name a hermit crab pet store if I opened one)

I'm going camping in the Catskills this weekend. It will be my first time to the region, my second-ish time camping, and the zillionth time I try to keep myself from falling asleep on a long car ride. I'm not entirely sure what my problem is when I drive more than 10 miles, but my eyelids just decide that they'd rather not remain in the open position. Sidenote - if you're thinking about getting that Starbucks energy coffee drink, don't. Just don't.

I spent my morning packing and I think I've nailed the essentials - bathing suit, deck of cards, 2 Nalgenes, Q-tips, headlamp, and Twizzlers. I will be prepared for ANYTHING. My adventure includes a stop at Tinker Tubes where I will rent a tube, maneuver my bony ass into it, and then float on it down a river. That is, until I make the slightest movement, topple over, and spend a quarter of a mile trying to hoist myself back up. Yesssssssss!

So, how's about that Prop 8 ruling, you guys? Nice going, California. I will forgive you for trying to steal Massachusetts's thunder because it's a noble cause. Just don't make a habit of it.

Last night I fell alseep to YouTube videos of Keane's "Somewhere Only We Know." I'm not sure why British people don't sound British when they sing; I'm on year 17 of trying to figure this out. Doesn't change the fact that this is my new favorite song, though.

No comments: