Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pardon the Interruption


I went to the gym around 5:30 tonight instead of at 6:00 this morning.  I don't normally like working out in the afternoon because I feel heavier and it just feels strange to exercise after my day is almost done.  Anyway, so I'm there moving my legs back and forth quickly on the elliptical, my feet experiencing this weird burning sensation that I'm not sure a) how it starts or b) how to get rid of it, when I look up at the 7 treadmills in front of me.  And on each treadmill is a 20-something "dude."  And on each tv screen in front of each of the 20-something "dudes" is ESPN.  I felt like I was in some strange robotic, futuristic movie.  Then I thought about the clientele who frequent the gym at 6am.  And it's mostly the female version of these robots.  Granted, TMZ and The Hills aren't on that early in the morning, so they're stuck watching Doug Meehan give helicopter traffic reports, but still.  Same thing.  

Don't get me wrong.  I'm glad that all these people are working out.  I would much rather be surrounded by pretty, skinny people than fatty fat fat fats.  But there's still no denying that I feel like I'm in a machine when I go to that gym.  

I especially thought the "dude" who checked out every girl who walked by or went to the paper towel dispenser was particularly lame.  He wasn't even trying to hide it.  He DID have nice biceps, though.  Dammit, Lisa!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I see what you did there




Booooo