Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Reply to all

Tonight Jon and I talked a lot about work stuff.  And it got me thinking.  What do you think it would be like to be a CEO of a company or someone who is pretty high up in the org chart?  Other than having people quiver when they get in the elevator with you, your life has got to be pretty cool.  Specifically related to emails.  I mean, I freak out and start sweating when I send emails to people two levels above me, let alone a CEO or managing director.  How cool would it be if you knew that every email and spreadsheet you receive has been reviewed a million times for typos, alignment issues, and proper page numbers?  

How many cute kitten picture forwards do you think JD (CEO) gets every day?  Do you think he's tallied 577 years of bad luck for not passing on an email about a friend dying of cancer?  And does he get the same spam emails trying to sell him electronic products that I do every day?  

How many people have meant to email Helen an email about that hot guy in the tax department but instead have sent it to H (the second in command) instead?  Did they send an apology email?  Did they get fired?

All I'm saying is that my life would be a lot more efficient if every email and spreadsheet I was sent received the CEO treatment.  No longer would I be preoccupied with finding the "they're their there" typos or worrying that when I print I'll get 18 pages instead of 1 because the page setup isn't set to "fit to 1" and in landscape mode.  

No comments: